The City of Nizams, Hyderabad is a place that has always made people proud with its rich history, heritage, diverse culture, unique language and iconic monuments.
Also recognized as the Capital City of Telangana, Hyderabad combines the old-age traditions with new-age modernity to hypnotize everyone, whether you are visiting the city for a day or planning to stay here for a long time and offers an experience that is incomparable to any city in India.
Home to stately mosques, enchanting museums and noisy bazaars that are lined up with vibrant temples, crystal-clear lakes, upscale restaurants, appealing shopping places and palatial malls, it is these contrast that makes Hyderabad a worth-visiting place. And the recent boom in the IT and technology world allures many to move to this city permanently or if not, at least, enjoy a trip to Hyderabad as a tourist for once.
The thing that sets the city apart from other holiday destinations in the country is the stunning landscape views and a delectable range of cuisines especially the famous Biryani it offers. Another important aspect is its myriad amusement and theme parks.
Hyderabad has numerous theme parks that are best to visit if your agenda is to beat the heat of harsh days. They are perfect for families, friends, colleagues and peers to enjoy a full-day hangover of excitement, forgetting about the daily hassle for some time. So, if you are staying somewhere close to Hyderabad or in the city for a business meeting or leisure, then you should check out these amazing entertainment parks that are loved by one and all.
We have curated a comprehensive list of top amusement and theme parks in Hyderabad for you to choose from and head to your favourite park now!
11 Amusement and Theme Parks in Hyderabad
All those who are die-hard fans of Bollywood movies and cinema can enjoy their visit to Ramoji Film City to make the most of their Hyderabad tour. Located 30 km away from the city centre, Ramoji Film City offers a perfect treat to your weekend with a number of leisure activities that are sure to keep you bound during your stay. It is a powerhouse of entertainment for tourists of all ages and is indeed a must-visit theme park in Hyderabad for a fun-filled day.
Take a tour to enjoy behind the scenes of a live film studio. Explore Princess Street to walk around the tall buildings that give you the same feeling of an international cityscape. Relax in the serene setting and admire the beauty while overlooking lush greenery all around. Or you can simply try your hand at adventurous rides to add some spice to your monotonous life.
In addition, there are several restaurants to serve your appetite with multi-cuisine delicacies in between your breaks. All-in-all, it won’t be wrong to say that the Ramoji Film City has something for everyone!
- Location: Anaspur Village, Hayathnagar Mandal, Hyderabad
- Entry Fee: For General Guided One-Day Tour, it charges INR 1150 per person for adults and INR 950 per person for children; for Star Experience, it charges INR 2349 per person for adults and INR 2149 per person for children
- Timings: 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM on all days
- Distance: 67 km from Hi-Tec City, 37 km from Airport
Fill your day with loads of happiness, joy, laughter and luxury at Wonderla Amusement Park. Widely known for its breathtaking charm, majestic views and world-class amenities, the Wonderla Amusement Park invites holidaymakers to do something new and different than just casual dinners in Hyderabad.
Combining state-of-the-art equipment with high international safety standards, the amusement park offers mind-boggling opportunities to spend some quality time with your loved ones. There are adrenaline-fuelled rides for experience seekers, water pools for swimmers and colourful rides with attractive characters for small children.
You can also stop at the food stalls to satisfy your hunger pangs with your favourite dish or visit the souvenir shops to bring some gifts back home.
Other facilities such as enough parking space, lost and found counter, luggage storage, ATM counters, pay phones, cloakroom and separate changing rooms for both males and females are also available for your convenience.
- Location: Nehru Outer Ring Road, Ravirala, Hyderabad
- Entry Fee: On weekdays, it charges INR 845 per person for adults, INR 675 per person for children, INR 635 per person for senior citizens between 60 to 69 years of age and INR 420 per person for senior citizens above 70 years. On weekends, it charges INR 1060 per person for adults, INR 850 per person for children, INR 795 per person for senior citizens between 60 to 69 years of age and INR 530 per person for senior citizens above 70 years.
- Timings: 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM on Weekdays, 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM on Weekend
- Distance: 45 km from Hi-Tec City, 16 km from Airport
Sprawling over an area of 12.5 acres of land, Jalavihar Water Park is another biggest amusement and theme parks in Hyderabad that introduces you to a next-level of water games and other slides under one roof. It is an idyllic holiday destination for a full-day excursion and can be visited by solo travellers, couples and families with children.
An entertaining place with an innumerable number of dry rides, the Jalavihar Water Park allows you to dance to the tune of your favourite chartbuster at the Rain Dance Shower. Here you can enjoy a dip in the swimming pool or please your senses at the Wave pool.
For ladies, there is a separate pool and for little guests, there is a dedicated water play area with fun games. Other than that, the fun park in Hyderabad features an amazing amphitheatre and a party zone for organizing birthday parties, social gatherings and corporate lunches.
- Location: 22/9, Necklace Road, Hussain Sagar, Khairatabad, Hyderabad
- Entry Fee: INR 400 per person for people above 3 feet, INR 300 per person for people below 3 feet
- Timings: 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM on all days
- Distance: 17 km from Hi-Tec City, 34 km from Airport
If you’re looking for unlimited fun and boundless entertainment, then there is no place better than Wild Waters Amusement & Water Theme Park. Presenting a varied range of thrill rides, kids rides and family rides, the Wild Waters Amusement & Water Park is perhaps the biggest theme park with 60 plus dry and wet rides in Hyderabad.
Catering to everyone’s needs, the amusement park gives you a chance to enter into the world of drama and adventure with best-in-class action that cannot be seen anywhere else. It has 21 rides in aqua park, 17 rides in adventure park and 22 rides in the amusement park. All rides have been carefully designed keeping the safety requirements in mind and provides an experience worth-remembering.
You can treat your buds with local and international food flavours at the food courts that prepare the dishes with a personal touch. The park also offers incredible offers and packages with easy access to recreational games and other activities for school groups, corporate people and college goers.
- Location: Sy. No. 125, Masaniguda, Shankarpally, Telangana
- Entry Fee: On weekdays, it charges INR 670 per person for adults and INR 585 per person for senior citizens and children. On weekends, it charges INR 754 per person for adults and INR 670 per person for senior citizens and children. 18% GST is applicable on ticket price.
- Timings: 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM on weekdays, 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM on weekends
- Distance: 42 km from Hi-Tec City, 57 km from Airport
Have the best time of your life at Escape Water and Amusement Park in Hyderabad. This unspoiled site boasts of an array of high-thrill water rides that gives you a much-needed break from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. It is a great place for summer outings and an ideal location to create memories for a lifetime!
From stimulating sports to a plethora of adventurous activities, there are several things to keep you occupied throughout the time. Jumbo Raft, Super Cambo, Cracker Curves, Race Bowl, Tilting Bucket, Blue Bang and Float Race Tunnel are a few of the crazy rapids to name. Besides this, the adventure park also offers customized corporate packages for a minimum of 100 people.
- Location: 7/125, Fort Grand Road, Rallaguda Road, Near Panchvati Park, Shamshabad, Hyderabad
- Entry Fee: INR 590 per person for adults above 120 cm in height, INR 490 per person for children between 90 cm to 120 cm
- Timings: 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM on all days
- Distance: 26 km from Hi-Tec City, 11 km from Airport
Counted as the top most place for a full-day exploration of happiness in Hyderabad, the Leonia Resort is a great picnic spot for families with children. Assuring visitors oodles of entertainment, laughter and rejuvenation, this ultimate destination is no less than a heaven for people seeking the facilities of a 7-star hotel under one roof.
The resort has an abundance of high-thrill rides and slides that leave you spoilt with choices every time you visit this place. It features water rides for both adults and kids along with swimming pools, a wave pool and rain dance with a DJ.
For an exciting nightlife, you can enjoy live events such as comedy acts, dance thematic performances, acrobatic/fire performances and thematic shows after the sun sets. Besides this, there are 3 vibrant bars where you can elevate your spirit high with an exotic selection of beverages.
Choose your accommodation to enjoy a blissful stay in a warm and welcoming ambience. Suiting to your budget and holiday style, the resort offers 70 luxuriously designed suites, 18 picture-perfect villas and 261 rooms to pamper you with a classic hospitality experience.
You can also visit the spa and wellness centre to soothe your senses with a therapeutic treatment. It also has facilities for indoor and outdoor venues and party lawns for wedding functions, social events and get togethers.
- Location: Bommaraspet, Shamirpet, Hyderabad
- Entry Fee: INR 599 per person for splurge in splash, INR 1249 per person for magical mornings, INR 1249 per person for effervescent evenings
- Timings: 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM on all days
- Distance: 39 km from Hi-Tec City, 41 km from Airport
Meant for adventure junkies, the Mount Opera Theme Park in Hyderabad, nestled just a short stroll away from Ramoji Film City, promises to leave you mesmerized with an unparalleled range of leisure and recreational activities. The resort allows you to have a wonderful time away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
With a startling choice of mechanical rides, from Jumping Frog to Merry Cups, Merry Go Round, Ferris Wheel, Tele Combat, Bungee Jumping and Thrillarium, you can keep your excitement level high throughout the day.
There is a Water World with a Wave Pool, Typhoon Tunnel, Zip Zap Zoop, Blue Lagoon-Family Pool, Rain Dance Floor and Water Slides. If you don’t want to get wet, you could pay a visit to the indoor section to play indoor games such as carom, chess, pool table or table tennis.
This unspoiled site also offers the facility of a fully-equipped modern gym with a sauna and spa centre to loosen all the stressed muscles. Next are the accommodation with restaurants that serve nothing but the best of Indian, Chinese and Continental cuisine. There are also coffee bars to hang out with your buddies over a sip of coffee.
- Location: Batasingaram, Hyderabad-Vijayawada Highway, RangaReddy, Hyderabad
- Entry Fee: INR 425 per person for adults, INR 330 per person for children, INR 150 per person for senior citizens
- Timings: 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM on weekdays, 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM on weekends
- Distance: 75 km from Hi-Tec City, 45 km from Airport
8. Snow World
Why go to Shimla, Nainital or any other hill-station in India when you can witness the snow in Hyderabad itself? Also known as the first snow-themed park in the country, the Snow World gives a chilling experience to the locals and tourists alike and is undoubtedly a must-visit attraction for all those who want to have fun in the snow.
Attracting people from different aspects of life, the Snow World has various games and activities to keep everyone’s interest glued. A few of them include snow basketball, snow volleyball, ice skating, ice boarding and snow dancing. Adding to these are snow slides, snow rides, snow sculptures and snow landscapes that are made of artificial snow. There is also a dedicated snow play area where you can leave your kids without any worries or tension.
Do not carry mobiles/smartphone or a camera along; it is strictly prohibited to take these things inside. Also, you’ll be provided with the gloves, warm clothes, shoes, jackets and other things at the theme park, so you don’t have to worry about anything. Just enjoy it!
- Location: Survey No. 57, Lower Tank Bund Road, Near Expotel Hotel, Hyderabad
- Entry Fee: INR 500 per person for adults above 4 feet 6-inch, INR 300 per person for children between 2 feet to 4 feet 6-inch height, INR 300 per person for college students up to 10th class, INR 350 per person for college students above 10th class
- Timings: 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM on all days
- Distance: 17 km from Hi-Tec City, 33 km from Airport
9. Ocean Park
This 15-acres amusement and theme park is packed with every fascinating dry and wet ride that will satiate your hunger for adventure without compromising on the fun and leisure. Considered as one of the best places to visit in Hyderabad, the Ocean Park is categorized into two different zones; one is solely for amusement activities and another for water sports.
You’ll have several high-thrill activities to give a shot to adventure at your best. Some of them include Break Dance, High Swinger and Super Jet. If you are in the mood to just play with water, there are umpteen choices of water slides available for free. These are Crazy Cruize, Pendulum, Hara Kiri, Zip Zap Zoom, Aqua Trail and Aqua Glide.
For kids, the park boasts of Jumping Frogs, Free Fall, Candor, Pirate Ship, Peacock Train and Video Games and for the ladies, a wave pool with a separate swimming pool is also available. You can pay an extra charge to make the most of special rides.
- Location: Survey No: 166, 167, 168 and 169, Shankarpally Road, Near CBIT College, Gandipet, Hyderabad
- Entry Fee: INR 450 per person for adults, INR 350 per person for children below 4 feet 6 inches
- Timings: 11:00 AM to 7:30 PM on all days
- Distance: 17 km from Hi-Tec City, 32 km from Airport
Synonym to fun, entertainment and excitement, the Blue Thunder Resort and Water Park, encompassed by tranquil setting and pleasant weather, promises to leave you speechless with a twist of recreational games and sports. It’s a kind of resort that offers an excellent range of water rides with high-standards of accommodation and fine-dining facilities so that you can enjoy a day out.
Designed for all ages, the Blue Thunder Resort complements the mini-adventure zone with a kids play area. The open-air banquet halls, party lawns, locker rooms, separate changing rooms and a professional yet friendly staff make it a good place to visit with friends and families.
- Location: Inside Super City Venture Pochampally Road, Bibinagar, Nalgonda, Hyderabad
- Entry Fee: INR 295 per person for everyone
- Timings: 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM on all days
- Distance: 98 km from Hi-Tec City, 68 km from Airport
11. Elles World
Last but not the least, Elles World is one another amusement and theme park in Hyderabad that is well-equipped with a plethora of regular and water rides. A go-to place for all age groups, Elles World is situated near to Ocean Park and has something interesting to offer for everyone.
Visit Elles World to enjoy a quick break from the normal routine at a pocket-friendly price. This amusement park entertains both adults and kids and has a huge foot court where you can discover the food flavour after your time at the adventurous activities.
- Location: Gandipet, Osman Sagar Road, Near Ocean Park, Hyderabad
- Entry Fee: INR 65 per person for adults, INR 50 per person for children
- Timings: 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM on all days
- Distance: 17 km from Hi-Tec City, 32 km from Airport
These are some of the best-known amusement and theme parks in Hyderabad that add a fun quotient to the city and make it fun to explore. You’ll love spending your weekend here if you desire to do something different than just sitting and lazing around at home. These parks are sure to uplift your mood and they always entertain beyond the expectations. What else do you need? Just book your tickets online/offline and you’re all set to go!
Hyderabad has a lot more to offer than these amusement and theme parks. If you are in the city for more days, you can choose our Hyderabad Tour Packages to make it the most rewarding trip of your life. We, at Hyderabad tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, assist our clients in planning the itinerary of their choice suiting to their holiday duration.
Our experts have also prepared a list of top car rental companies in Hyderabad from where you can hire a private vehicle to commute within the city. To know more, we request you to please fill the Contact Us form. We would love to hear from you!