Uppal Shilparamam Hyderabad Entry Fee
40 per Adult
20 per Child (below 12 years of age)
Uppal Shilparamam Hyderabad Phone
Based on total 69 reviews
Uppal Shilparamam Hyderabad Address: Laxmi Narayan Nagar Colony, Uppal, Hyderabad, Telangana, 500039, India
Shilparamam near Uppal (also called Mini Shilparamam) is a village-themed entertainment park in Hyderabad. It is built in a style similar to that of the earlier (and larger) Shilparamam near HiTec city.
The Uppal Shilparamam is spread over 7.5 acres on the banks of River Musi. And what was once barren land now is a platform for arts and crafts.
Here, you'll find many stalls offering handlooms and handicrafts, a food court and an amphitheatre among other recreational facilities. The amphitheatre hosts a variety of cultural programmes, especially during the weekends and on public holidays.
Things to do at Mini Shilparamam Uppal
1. Witnessing the culture of the region – Mini Shilparamam in Uppal is developed as an arts and crafts village. Artisans from different places near Hyderabad and far-away show their work here. And from hand-woven saris to handmade wood arts, you'll see many rare art forms here. You'll also find a variety of accessories, clothes and sculptures.
2. Enjoying a cultural programme – The amphitheatre in Shilparamam hosts regional dance performances and plays. Such programmes are organised mostly on weekends and public holidays. And you might get a chance to enjoy traditional music programmes, folk dances and other plays representing Indian culture during your visit.
3. Savouring cuisine of Hyderabad – Hyderabad is synonymous with food. And in the food court of Uppal Shilparamam, you'll find many dishes popular in Hyderabad. Whether you want to taste some biryani or get a bite of dosa, you can do it here. Haleem, shawarma and other food items of Hyderabadi cuisine are also available here.
4. Having fun with your kids – You can play with your kids across the landscape. You can click photos in various points in the rural setup, artificial waterfall and other photo points in this crafts village. And the place also has a dedicated play area for kids.
5. Shopping for traditional arts and crafts – Mini Shilparamam also has stalls selling ethnic handloom dresses, accessories and various souvenirs. You have the chance to buy attractive crockery, handmade paintings and other home decor items in Uppal Shilparamam stalls.
Uppal Shilparamam Timings and Entry Fee
Uppal Shilparamam opening timings vary from day-to-day. During the weekdays (from Monday to Friday), the place is open from 4 PM to 8 PM. And on weekends (Saturday and Sunday), Uppal Mini Shilparamam timings are from 11 AM to 8 PM. But on some days, during special events, it might remain open until 9 PM or later.
The entry fee of Uppal Shilparamam park is ₹20 per person for adults. And for kids (below 12 years of age), the ticket price is ₹10.
Best Time to visit Uppal Shilparamam
The weather of Hyderabad is pleasant for most of the year, except summer. However, it is best to visit Uppal Shilparamam during winter. The winter starts in November and lasts till February. And during these winter months, the temperature and humidity are low. So, your visit to this arts and crafts village will be more comfortable. Also, you'll be able to explore the place better.
Time to explore Mini Shilparamam near Uppal
It should take about 2 hours to explore this village-themed entertainment park. You can enjoy the fun activities, check the shopping stalls on the premises and fill yourself with spicy Hyderabadi biryani. Stay longer if you intend to attend a cultural programme.
Places to visit near Mini Shilparamam Uppal
1. Hyderabad Race Club – Hyderabad Race Club is in old Hyderabad city, about 11 km from Uppal Shilparamam. It is among the top racecourses of the country. And it is spread over 126 acres of land bought from the Nizam of Hyderabad. It has two race tracks, along with a two-tier grandstand. Then, this race club also has a state-of-the-art custom-built betting system with 200+ betting terminals.
2. Charminar – Charminar is the iconic landmark of Hyderabad, in the Old City. It has four exquisitely carved pillars, and it represents the historical background of the city. It was built during the reign of Sultan Mohammed Quli Qutub Shah. And apart from its architectural beauty, it is also known for its religious significance. Charminar is about 12 km away from Shilparamam of Uppal.
3. Mecca Masjid – Mecca Masjid is another popular tourist spot in Old Hyderabad. It is only about 100 metres away from Charminar. Mecca Masjid is one of the largest mosques in India. It has a 75-foot-high beautifully decorated hall. And the hall also has 15 intricately carved arches to support the roof. Also, these exclusive pillars are carved out of single slabs of granite.
4. Salar Jung Museum – Salar Jung Museum has one of the largest one-man collections in the world. It is close to Charminar and Mecca Masjid, and it has a collection close to 43000 art objects, 9000 manuscripts and 47000 printed books. This museum has 38 galleries spread over two floors. The collection consists of Indian Art, European Art and Middle Eastern Art among other arts.
5. Hussain Sagar Lake – Hussain Sagar Lake is the largest artificial lake in Asia. It was excavated in 1562 during the reign of Ibrahim Quli Qutub Shah. It is about 17 km away from Mini Shilparamam Uppal, and it presents a rare setup of a lake in the middle of any city. This artificial lake is known for its beauty as well as its historical importance.
How to reach Uppal Shilparamam?
Mini Shilparamam near Uppal is on the outskirts of Hyderabad and it is well connected with different parts of the city. From Hyderabad Nampally railway station, it is only about 12 km away. And from the airport, it is about 30 km away.
Now, here are the different ways to reach Mini Shilparamam –
By metro – Nagole Metro Station (Blue line of Hyderabad Metro) is the closest to Shilparamam in Uppal. It is only about a kilometre away. From there, you can walk or hire a taxi/auto to reach the venue. Shuttle buses are also available during weekends and peak hours.
By bus – You can also reach Uppal Shilparamam by using public buses. Mamatha Nagar Colony bus stop is the closest, only a few hundred metres away. From there, you can walk the distance or get a taxi/auto.
By taxi/cab – You can get taxis from any corner of Hyderabad to reach Mini Shilparamam. It will take you about 30 minutes to an hour to be here from most parts of the city. But a rental car from top car rental companies in Hyderabad is the most convenient way to visit Mini Shilparamam and other places of tourist interest in the city.