Shamirpet Deer Park Hyderabad Entry Fee
15 per Adult
10 per Child (Below 6 yrs)
Shamirpet Deer Park Hyderabad Phone
Based on total 58 reviews
Shamirpet Deer Park Hyderabad Address: Shamirpet Village, Secunderabad, Telangana, 501401, India
Shamirpet Deer Park (also known as Jawahar Deer Park) is one of the green tourist places and eventful picnic spots on the outskirts of Hyderabad. Although this park is dedicated to the conservation of deers, you can also find many other animal species.
Apart from watching animals, birds and butterflies in Jawahar Deer Park Shamirpet, you can also take part in activities like trekking.
Shamirpet Deer Park is maintained by the state government. And the government also has a resort near the park. And when you come here, you can visit the Shamirpet Lake too which is one of the popular places to visit in Hyderabad.
Bound by a green environment, Shamirpet Lake and Deer Park is a perfect place for a relaxing day away from Hyderabad. Many local people and tourists come here for a day out or a weekend getaway from the city.
Things to do in Shamirpet Deer Park
1. Animal spotting in the park – You can explore the park by taking a walk around it. The green deer park and the cobalt blue lake are a perfect home to all its animals. Shamirpet park has many species of deer in their natural habitat, but the major attractions are Blackbuck and the Chital Deer. Then, you can also spot mountain lizards, wild boars and porcupines among other animals. The park has a watchtower too, giving a panoramic view of the area.
2. Boating in the lake – Boating in Shamirpet Lake is another way to spot animals roaming in the park. The lake is known for its serene environment surrounded by deciduous evergreen trees, climbers and grasslands. And while boating, you can see flocks of animals who come to satisfy their thirst.
3. Bird watching near the lake – Shamirpet Deer Park is also the home to different species of birds, and it attracts many birds from the surrounding too, making it a good bird watching spot. These birds are on the trees or near the lake. Some of the birds are white-necked stork, spotted dove, and grey heron. Shamirpet park also has a Butterfly Park.
4. Trekking on the rocky terrain – Many people come to this Jawahar Deer Park in Shamirpet to trek among the lush green surroundings. Its rocky terrain provides ample opportunity to use your skills to walk around the park, pass by the lake, and enjoy being among the animals. It is a mild difficulty level trail. And during your trek, you can also visit the temple nearby. It is dedicated to Katta Maisamma, a local Goddess.
5. Spending a night in the resort – Apart from spending a day out in the park, you can also stay overnight in the forest cottages nearby. Shamirpet Deer Park resort is well-maintained. It has a restaurant to serve its guests, and your stay will be a memorable experience for sure.
Shamirpet Deer Park Entry Fee and Timings
The park is open every day of the week, except for the Mondays. Shamirpet Deer Park timings are – from 9 AM to 5 PM. The best time for trekking though is until 11 AM. So, you can spend an entire day boating, birdwatching or trekking in the park, and then head to the resort for an overnight stay.
The entry fee is ₹15 for adults, and ₹10 for kids (those below 6 years).
Best Time to visit Deer Park Shamirpet Hyderabad
Although you can visit this Deer Park near Shamirpet all-round the year, it is best to visit it during winter. During the winter months, the temperature is mild, humidity is low, and the chances of rainfall is less. So, your visit will be comfortable. The winter in Hyderabad starts in November and lasts till February.
Time to explore Shamirpet Deer Park
At Shamirpet Deer Park, you can have a picnic with your group, walk around the park under the shady trees or watch the birds visiting the lake. So, you'll need about 2-3 hours to enjoy it fully. But since this deer park is on the outskirts of Hyderabad, you'll need to have at least half a day free for the visit.
Things to keep in mind while visiting Shamirpet Park
- Carry a photo ID (and its copy) for trek permission.
- Wear trekking shows.
- Carry enough water and refreshments.
- Have a basic first aid kit.
- No smoking and drinking are permitted on the premises.
- Pack warm clothes if you want to stay overnight.
Interesting facts about Shamirpet Deer Park
- Shamirpet Park is maintained by the Government of Telangana, under the supervision of the State Forest Department.
- It was built by the Nizams in 1971, and it used to be a hunting ground.
- The park was allotted to the forest department in 1975. The former Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, Dr M. Chenna Reddy, inaugurated it in 1980.
How to reach Deer Park Shamirpet Hyderabad?
Deer Park in Shamirpet Hyderabad can be reached easily by road. It is about 30 km from Hyderabad Nampally railway station and 23 km from Secunderabad railway station. And the nearest airport to Shamirpet Deer Park is Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad.
And here’s how to reach this deer park –
By bus – You can get a bus from Hyderabad railway station or airport to reach Secunderabad, and then to Shamirpet. From there, you can take a bus or cab to reach the lake and deer park.
By cab – Booking a cab from top car rental companies in Hyderabad would be the best way to take a trip to Shamirpet Deer Park. Whether you want to visit the park and return, or stay overnight in the cottages, you can get cabs as per your preference.